Re: No live CD ISOs without GUI desktops?

From: jmtd@debian.org
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

If your point is that context-free links are not very useful, I agree.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 03:16:07PM +0000, Weaver wrote:
>On 2017-06-24 00:56, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> http://grml.org/download/

GRML is a derivative distribution based closely on Debian.

>http://puppylinux.com/download.html
>http://www.tinycorelinux.net/

Not to suggest any criticism of these projects, which have fine goals (and I"ve
used tinycorelinux myself for some projects, and it has some very interesting
ideas) but none of those are Debian derivatives, nor do they appear to be
non-GUI live CDs, except maybe some of the tinyCore ones that offer a boot-time
choice to avoid GUIs, and have them on the image.

Since there is a gui-less installer for Jessie, one can use that live and after install
upgrade to stretch.  Maybe a +20' dist-upgrade inconvenience, if hardware is
compatible.