Re: apt-get upgrade problem

On Thu 22 Jun 2017 at 19:44:27 (+0000), Curt wrote:
> On 2017-06-22, Mike McClain <mike.junk.46@att.net> wrote:
> >
> > Rather than telling me why FF was held back it just went ahead and
> > installed it.
> >

> Is that the complete description of what you observed? You're not
> leaving anything out, are you?
>
> --
> "It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
> far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew."

It doesn't seem likely that any of those would appear.

I think perhaps you're soliciting remarks re "It should tell you why
it's held back." Is that going to happen when you install rather than
upgrade? I thought it would take "install" as an instruction to include
all the dependencies automatically (and mark them so).

Cheers,
David.