Re: Stretch upgrade from Jessie -- several issues

Ralph Katz composed on 2017-06-23 17:37 (UTC-0600):

.
> will lshw do?
.
Generally its overly verbose for these things. Other info you provided probably
covers well enough.
.
.
> http://paste.debian.net/973017/
.
Quite a surprise. The modeset Xorg driver was integrated into the server since
Jessie's release. Supposedly it only works with approximately two generation
newer chipsets than your i965. AIUI it was intended primarily for the latest
generations of gfx chipsets regardless of vendor. I have newer Intel (desktop)
gfxchips (G31 & G33) that refuse to use the modeset driver, though I also have a
Q965 (desktop) that can use it. I suspect its development got little testing
with so old a gfxchip. Give the Intel driver a try. It should be as simple as
'apt install xserver-xorg-video-intel' and restarting X.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/