Re: How to format emails like debian-announce?

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017, Pétùr wrote:
> I am wondering if the (nice) formating of Debian announce emails is
> generated by a software or by hand.
>
> If it is a software/configuration, I am interesting to know more. It
> would be useful, for example, if there was a way to generate urls links
> like this one[1] more or less automatically.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/announcements.git is the
codebase that generates all of Debian's press releases.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/dpn.git/tree/scripts/DPNhtml2mail.pl
is the actual script that does it.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Religion is religion, however you wrap it, and like Quell says, a
preoccupation with the next world clearly signals an inability to cope
credibly with this one.
 -- Richard K. Morgan "Broken Angels" p65