Re: no network after jessie -> stretch

Gian Carlo wrote on 06/21/2017 01:05 PM:

> What is the output of "/sbin/ifconfig"?

It's too long to type it all. If you want some part of it, please let me know
and I'll try to type it without too many mistakes.

> Do you see "eth0" or something like "enXXXXXX"?

eth0, eth1 and lo are the three named interfaces it returns.

(Historically, eth0 is the one that has been actually been used, and it is
supposed to get an IP address via DHCP from my main server. Naturally, since
the interface never came into service after the upgrade, my server didn't hand
out a lease when the upgraded machine booted, since it never saw the DHCP
request.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans