Re: [Stretch]Typing ""clear" on terminal restricts the scrollback to only a screenful

First of all, thank you very much for that informative email!

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:

> So what happened is that 'tput clear' in Stretch now behaves the
> same as 'clear', while the version in Jessie of 'tput clear'
> wouldn't clear the scrollback buffer.

This suggests that the version of 'clear' in Jessie used to clear the
scrollback buffer.
But that's untrue. I have always used 'clear' to clear the screen in
Jessie. And it never cleared the scrollback buffer. (I'm not sure
about 'tput clear' though. Haven't used that much)

Regards,
Avinash Sonawane (rootKea)
PICT, Pune
https://rootkea.wordpress.com