Status Re: Installing Stretch/Testing with absolute minimal bandwith useage

On 06/13/2017 09:20 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I am running Stretch that was fully updated/upgraded less than a week
ago. I have the flash drive used to do the original install of Stretch.
I have not _intentionally_ purged any files from cache.

I wish to install Stretch on two additional machines. I am near my
internet data cap and wish to make *ABSOLUTE MINIMAL* usage of available
bandwidth.

The purpose of this is to test the _installation process_ itself. That
eliminates anything resembling cloning. A secondary benefit will be
learning more about how Debian does things.

Suggestions?
TIA

With the release of Stretch and the resulting availability of complete DVD sets the priority of this has dropped.

Also its release raises the relative priority of another project.

During unrelated research I was reminded of apt-move. It appears to be the tool I need. It will likely aid in an unrelated project.

I'll get back to this as time permits.

Thanks for all the suggestions.