Re: Debian 9 - Stretch has been released!

On 06/18/2017 04:28 AM, RavenLX wrote:
On 06/17/2017 11:42 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/

Cheers!

I was there in the IRC chat channels while they were working on it and
when they released it. It was the first time in YEARS I been in IRC.
Great folks there and they worked really hard! It was so cool to watch
those final moments unfold.

And they got it released just in time. I think it was a bit after 11 pm
or 11:30 pm (Eastern USA time) before it got out finally. I downloaded
an iso overnight so I'll be ready when I get my own stuff prepared on my
end (still working on that).

Yes, it's fun and exciting to feel apart of the Debian release! My last Stretch install was Friday RC5 for testing. Are you ready to start the next release? Buster got fed it's first 65 package upgrades today, hopefully the next two years will not be too bumpy a ride and full of lots of fun, technology and learning.

A *huge* thank you to the Debian team!

+1

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Buster - Plasma Version 5.8.6 - EXT4 at sda17
Registered Linux User #380263