Re: Why does no one care that Brad Spengler of GRSecurity is blatantly violating the intention of the rightsholders to the Linux Kernel?

Richard Stallman wrote:

> I am not trying to study the GRsecurity case because (0) it's
> complicated, and it would take a lot of time to think about, (1) the
> FSF has no say in the matter (it is about Linux) and (2) I don't think
> the copany would heed whatever I might say.

Could you explain why it should be complicated? GPL states the rights
obtained should be passed to the recipient, so the recipient should be
allowed to redistribute the code (IMO) even if he/she is paying for
improvements.

It would be really nice if GRSec could help improve the kernel security in
some way acceptable by and for the benefit of all. I don't think someone
wants to punish them for what they are doing. It would be better to have
mutual benefit if possible as the GPL does not prohibit modifying and
redistributing the code and demanding a fee, it however does guarantee the
right to redistribute is passed to the recipient, which is not the case
here.

regards