Re: hacker tracking

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 08:05:41PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> The hits are coming from bots running on cracked computers.  The botnet
> operators control them through several layers of indirection.
>
> I suspect that a majority of the Windows boxes in the world may be under
> the control of botnets.
> --
> John Hasler
> jhasler@newsguy.com
> Elmwood, WI USA

Hi John,
    If I understand correctly you're saying that for someone with my
limited knowledge and abilities, this is an exercise in futility since
most IP addresses I collect will not be those of hackers but rather
of those already hacked.
    Since you've brought that idea to my attention it makes sense to
me but is somewhat depressing.
Oh well, knowledge is power.
Thank you for enlightening me.
Mike