Re: testing: odd? upgrade today for gnutls-bin to unstable version

RavenLX wrote:
> On 06/18/2017 06:38 AM, songbird wrote:
>>    i have my preferences set in /etc/apt/apt.conf
>> to select testing as the default, but it still
>> grabbed the unstable version.
>
> [snip]
> There was a lot said in IRC that one should *not* (even if told to) put
> "testing" or "stable" in their sources.list because of the changeovers.
> Right now here's what they are pointing to:
>
> stable: Stretch
> oldstable: Jessie
> testing: Buster
> oldoldstable: Wheezy
>
> People are strongly advising one use the version name (ie. "buster",
> "stretch", etc.) instead.

  i've followed testing for many releases.

  i've now altered my sources.list to make sure all
the unstable and experimental lines are commented
out (i'll change them back later).

  with this system booting and running ok i also
did the same edit with my backup partition and
since that version never had unstable updates of
any kind my upgrade didn't pull in anything i wasn't
expecting.

  songbird