Re: Stretch release today - How are you upgrading?

From: nemommxiv@gmail.com

I"m going to wait about a week to 10 days after Stretch"s release
as Stable before installing while checking this list for any problems.
If all proves well, then clean, dual-boot install.

So you fear something may break and in a week of 10 days there will
be a new installer, Debian9.1 or do you feel that all of us running stretch
for a long while we are full of problems and the stable release will fix them?

I just did an update and nothing has changed since yesterday, and I am
so bored I am switching to testing,  Enough with this stable stuff :)

I"ll start with a terminal-only system and build up to X and a window
manager only (Openbox) set up. I like my systems lean and mean with as
little cruft as possible. Full GUI environments are a waste of CPU
cycles as far as I"m concerned, I don"t care how "cool" they look.

When I added a task/app bar and a filemanager on openbox the resource use
was not that far off lxde, which surprised me a bit.

Good luck with your install.