Re: Stretch release today - How are you upgrading?

On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 09:17:22 -0400 RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net>
wrote:

> Today (Sunday June 17, 2017) seems to be the day they are going to
> "officially" release Stretch! I never did get my laptops upgraded as
> I'm creating an installation script to run post-install to install
> and configure applications, utilities, services, etc. that I normally
> use.
>
> My question is, how are people upgrading? This will give me some
> inspiration.

I'm going to wait about a week to 10 days after Stretch's release
as Stable before installing while checking this list for any problems.
If all proves well, then clean, dual-boot install. No dist-upgrade
since I'm running Wheezy.  I prefer clean installs anyway. Less
"gotchas!" And I'll keep Wheezy as a fallback system in case something
goes south with Stretch since I will be replacing systemd as init and
supervisor with runit. Plus, as with my original Wheezy install, I'll
start with a terminal-only system and build up to X and a window
manager only (Openbox) set up.  I like my systems lean and mean with as
little cruft as possible. Full GUI environments are a waste of CPU
cycles as far as I'm concerned, I don't care how "cool" they look.

Good luck with your install.