Re: Debian installer not finding free space

On 06/16/2017 08:12 AM, David DLC wrote:
I have a backup of my files and documents, but not the C: drive. I don't
have my installation disk either, so I am trying to find a fix online.

Try this:

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03572829.pdf

Using the HP Recovery partition to recover a minimized image
(select models only)
The HP Recovery partition (select models only) allows you to perform a minimized image recovery without the need for recovery discs or a recovery USB flash drive. This type of recovery can only be
used if the hard drive is still working.
To start HP Recovery Manager from the HP Recovery partition:
1.
Press f11 while the computer boots.
– or –
Press and hold f11 as you press the power button.
2. Select Troubleshoot from the boot options menu.
3. Select HP Recovery Manager, and follow the on-screen instructions.

If/when you succeed, then create recovery media per "Creating recovery media and backups".

David