Re: Debian installer not finding free space

On 06/15/2017 09:13 AM, David DLC wrote:
So it seems I messed something up. After using the recovery console
yesterday, my computer will not start up. When booting it, I get the
"repairing disk errors" message. It has been like this all night, and I
can't get in. I've been attempting to repair the computer, but I will let
you guys know how it goes.

I think this may have stemmed from some commands that I used in the
console. I think for this prompt:
"Warning: Not all of the space available to /dev/sda appears to be used,
you can fix the GPT to use all of the space or continue with the current
setting?"
I think I typed fix, and that's the only reason I can think of for this
error.

Messing with partitions involves the risk of breaking your system. But, breaking and fixing your system is part of the FOSS hobby.

Do you have a backup of the Windows C:\ file system?

David