Re: Why does no one care that Brad Spengler of GRSecurity is blatantly violating the intention of the rightsholders to the Linux Kernel?

On 15 June 2017 at 21:38, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 06/15/2017 02:10 PM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hmm, am I feeding the spammer?  [snip]
>
> Likely
>

>> PS: aconcernedfossdev doesn't "command" much respect in my mind,
>> especially with no better explanation of the problem than what I read
>> here.
>
> +1

The story behind is really interesting and pretty long. I read about the
conflict perhaps 1/2y ago. Some of the accusations by GRSec make sense,
however they do not justify their policy.
In fact this is the best proof (IMO) how decentralized and open
idea/project/work etc fails. It fails on both ends the Linux and the GRSec
end because the first is not motivated to do good and the second to do good
for free it fails badly.
I do however think GRSec are wrong as the OP states, they clearly violate
the license agreements.
IMO everyone in the linux community should know the background of that story
same as the background of systemd ... but there is sooo much to know

​When I read the OP's rhetorical question:​

​Why does not one person here care?​

​I was moved to say: because they are obsessed with systemd ........​

​But you have beaten me to the punch in a subtle way which I am both impressed and humbled by.

MF​

regards