Re: apt-cacher-ng related program and package suggestion

Le 15/06/2017 à 04:51, Andy Smith a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 09:57:50PM +0200, tuxderlinuxfuchs77@gmail.com wrote:
>> apt-cacher-switch add <Host1_Name> <http://<IP1>:<PORT1>>
>> apt-cacher-switch add <Host2_Name> <http://<IP2>:<PORT2>>
>>
>> Then at university:
>> apt-cacher-switch enable <Host1_Name>
>>
>> At home:
>> apt-cacher-switch enable <Host2_Name>
>>
>> In an environment where no cacher is on the network
>> apt-cacher-switch disable
>
> Seems like it would be easier to install squid-deb-proxy-client on
> each client machine. This listens for Avahi announcements of
> _apt_proxy._tcp to choose a proxy.
>
> Normally your server(s) would run package squid-deb-proxy (an
> install of squid customised for caching Debian packages) which takes
> care of announcing its presence over Avahi, but you can make your
> own announcements that point at your own installs of apt-cacher-ng
> if you like.
>
> If nothing is being announced then squid-deb-proxy-client goes
> direct to Debian mirrors.
>
> That way this all works without having to run any commands on the
> client depending on where the client machine is located.
>
> One downside is that if a broken proxy announces itself then your
> clients will use it, i.e. you don't have any control over whether
> the proxy is used or not.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Another solution whichi does not depend of the server software (squid or
apt-cacher-ng) is to use this directive on the client:
Acquire::http::Proxy-Auto-Detect

I could not find a good example in English, but here is one in French.
Obviously, man 5 apt.conf also explains it.

Regards,
Yvan