Re: Installing Stretch/Testing with absolute minimal bandwith useage

On 06/13/2017 01:10 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:51:10 -0500
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

Hello Richard,

netinst iso. I had never experimented with just how much could
be done with netinst without any internet connectivity.

Probably not a lot.  See; https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/  Internet
connectivity is expected to exist.

I'm wishing I had discovered the netinst iso years ago.
*NOTE BENE* Up until about a year ago I had only dial-up. The only practical installation path that met my needs was purchasing complete DVD sets. I spent many hours trying to coerce Debian into doing a minimalist install. If I had succeeded, I suspect the result would have been close to netinst WITHOUT internet connectivity. But I've learned a lot.