Re: Installing Stretch/Testing with absolute minimal bandwith useage

On 06/13/2017 12:26 PM, Brian wrote:
On Tue 13 Jun 2017 at 11:32:03 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

On 06/13/2017 09:41 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:

Secondly, you
start apt-cacher-ng running (it appears[1] to need minimal
configuration). Thirdly, you import your already downloaded files[2]
(you'll find apt's cache at /var/cache/apt/archive/*.deb).

My hope had been to copy those somewhere to that would be available
locally without a need for a LAN. That may not be feasible.

It *is* feasible. You have done it in the past. Use a USB stick as an
archive.

That's always been a goal. I've always used a set of DVD's never a netinst iso. I had never experimented with just how much could be done with netinst without any internet connectivity.