Re: How to rename my wired connection from 'eno1' to 'eth0'?

Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com> writes:

> On 13-06-17, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>>
>> Due to a hard-drive failure I've had to install Debian 9 and I've got a
>> peculiar problem.
>>
>> My wired connection is showing as 'eno1' instead of the unexpected
>> 'eth0', which means that my 'vnstat' is failing to record my network
>> traffic. So how do I change its name please? I've googled but haven't
>> found any workable solution for the problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharon.

Thanks for this Dejan.

> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
>
> Look down under "I don't like this, how do I disable this?"
>
> Also, this http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/mini-howtos/change-default-network-name-ens33-to-old-eth0-on-ubuntu-16-04.html

This last one was the one that I used and its now all back up and
running nicely with 'eth0' again.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7