Re: Printer Setup Problem

Did the same command work with the Debian PC?
Nonetheless have you choose the right driver?
It is possible that your printer can´t emulate the old Matrix Printers and so it can´t
Print Text directly the same goes for GDI Printers.
Hope that helps a little pointing out the Problem.

Am 12.06.2017 um 16:50 schrieb Thomas George:
> Two computers, an old pc with Debian Stretch and a new Raspberry Pi with the raspbian
> jessie operating system.
>
> The old pc prints to a lan printer with no problem. The lpstat -t shows the identical
> set up on the Raspberry Pi but a command lp test.txt results in no printer output
> although the cups log shows the job as completed.
>
> I have attached a script of the output of lpstat -t on the Raspberry Pi. The output of
> this command on the old pc is absolutely identical except for the dates and times.
>
> Where should I look to fix this?
>

> PrinterPrintsNothing.txt
>

> Script started on Sun 11 Jun 2017 11:36:43 AM EDT
> raspberrypi:/home/pi# lpstat -t
> scheduler is running
> system default destination: Samsung_CLP-320_Series
> device for Samsung_CLP-320_Series: socket://192.168.1.139
> Samsung_CLP-320_Series accepting requests since Fri 09 Jun 2017 04:21:01 PM EDT
> printer Samsung_CLP-320_Series is idle.  enabled since Fri 09 Jun 2017 04:21:01 PM EDT
> raspberrypi:/home/pi# systemcytl enable cups
> Synchronizing state for cups.service with sysvinit using update-rc.d...
> Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d cups defaults
> Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d cups enable
> raspberrypi:/home/pi# exit
>
> Script done on Sun 11 Jun 2017 11:37:49 AM EDT
Good luck,
--

 Gubkower Str.7               [  Tel.:  +49 (38205) 65484  ]       jan-Peter@ruehmann.name