Re: Grave bug when playing flash videos

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 10:50:17PM +0200, Pétùr wrote:
I have a serious bug when using flashplayer in debian sid.

This bug freezes everything and I have to do a hard reboot. It happens
with flashplugin and pepperflash when I play a video with flash (both
tested with firefox and chromium). Today I am using pepperflash,
installed by the package browser-plugin-freshplayer-pepperflash.

The bug could occur after playing 2s or 2h. When I play a flash video, I
have ~50% chances to be affected.

Have you tried switching to a VT and back when this happens? There was a
bug in... I *think* it was something like opengl ... recently, whereby a
bunch of unrelated programs (chrome/chromium included) could freeze the
display. Switching away from X and back caused the display to refresh
and things would work again (for a time).

I have some difficulties to see where it comes from. I need some help.

Here is the /var/log/debug for the time of the bug (occurred today at
21:25) :

https://hastebin.com/hupeqituji.sql

In /var/log/daemon.log I have some inconsistencies at 21:25:28
represented by:

^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@...

This is less's representation of null characters and is an artefact of
journaling file systems. Syslog has told the file system "I'm about to
write X bytes to /var/log/daemon.log" and then, at some point during the
writing of that, you've killed the power. During either fsck or mount
(depending on the file system), the journal is replayed - that is, there
is a log saying "X bytes were being writen to /var/log/daemon.log". Now,
most of those bytes never made it to the disk, but the record is still
there. So the file grows by X bytes of nothing. Now the file system is
consistent (the metadate, at least, the idea being that it's better to
have SOME of the file still there, rather than a broken filesystem)

followed by:
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd-modules-load[218]: Inserted module 'lp'
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd-modules-load[218]: Inserted module 'ppdev'
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Starting Flush Journal to Persistent
Storage...
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Started Load/Save Random Seed.
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Started Flush Journal to Persistent
Storage.
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Started Create Static Device Nodes in
/dev.
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Starting udev Kernel Device Manager...
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Started udev Coldplug all Devices.
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Started Set the console keyboard layout.
Jun 11 21:25:28 punda systemd[1]: Reached target Local File Systems (Pre).

The same in syslog (a bunch of ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@...
followed by the reboot informations).

Does someone have a idea?

--