Re: Trying to install Debian on Acer One 10 laptop-tablet (was: Choose between amd64 and i386)

On 11-06-17, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> writes:
>
> > Rodolfo Medina composed on 2017-06-10 1+:50 (UTC+0100):
> > .
> >> ...as I described, Debian doesn't even manage to start up on that machine...
> >> and that's my problem...  I don't use Windows and so the machine is there
> >> permanently unused, waiting and hoping for next Debian releases to work in
> >> the next - not too far - future...
> > .  Give Knoppix a try. If any Debian can, if any Linux can, odds are
> > extremely high that Knoppix can. If it can't, I'm sure Klaus would like to
> > know the details: debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org
>

> Thanks for the suggestion: I downloaded Knoppix and burned it onto DVD support,
> but unfortunately it seems no possible to boot the machine from DVD: no such
> option in start up boot menu.
>
> I'll try now Debian live isos as kindly suggested by other listers.
>
> Rodolfo

Knoppix can be used from USB too, with added bonus of heaving persistent
storage on it. Debian live is DVD/CD version too, with option to put it
on USB. And what exactly do you mean by can not boot from DVD? It does
not have BIOS option to set it to boot from DVD, or you did not try
setting BIOS options?