Re: ifconfig network resolution (Re: pointers to material for using netbook's wireless as access point)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 17:03:40 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> > I've seen this kind of behaviour a very long time ago, and I can't
> > really believe it is still happening, but...
>
> See the other sub-thread. But it does go to class C instead of the
> partial class C when the device address comes at the end of the list.

OK, not what I saw then. I was bitten by a bit of system software
somewhere that treated the 10. network as class A regardless of
netmask. I never got to the bottom of it, but I never again used 10. as
anything other than class A. It was quite a few years ago.

--
Joe