Re: ifconfig network resolution

On 6/10/17, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/10/17, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 23:36:06 +0900
>> Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> myadm@mycomp:~$ sudo ifconfig eth0:1 down
>>> myadm@mycomp:~$ sudo ifconfig eth0:1
>>> eth0:1    Link encap:イーサネット  ハードウェアアドレス
>>> 50:af:73:12:64:aa UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500
>>> メトリック:1 割り込み:42 ベースアドレス:0xa000
>>>

>> Your problem is getting worse. Your computer appears to be learning
>> Japanese.
>

> That was so funny, I just took a swig of coffee so I could spew it
> when I laughed yet again...
>
> The good news is... OUR computers are set up universally enough that
> we can see those very pretty Japanese characters on this end.......
>
> PS Thanks, I really needed that laugh........ :)

PPS I'm thinking... ABORT MISSION POSTHASTE.....

Anyone have tips for him right now.... *while he can read them*
related to the language appearing to switch teams on him? It's been
long enough in between debootstrap installs that I'm too rusty on
where to touch on that to see how things are going.

My apologies in advance because I'm asking that without knowing if he
does or does not actually speak Japanese. He might be able to read
that quite well. In that case, I'm envious because that's on a #Life
to-do bucket list for me.. :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey