Re: Choose between amd64 and i386

Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> writes:

>>> <https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/multi-arch/iso-cd/debian-8.8.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso>
>>
>> Same problem also with this iso image: at the beginning the machine seems to
>> boot into the Debian Installer menu, but when I enter it the screen becomes
>> unreadable and all sticks and I have to restart the machine.
>
> Did the installer start in EFI or BIOS/legacy mode ?
> The installer boot menu tells when started in EFI mode.
>
> Did you try all combinations of the following ?
> - BIOS/legacy boot mode or EFI boot mode
> - text-mode install or GUI install
> - 32-bit install or 64-bit install

With USB Debian installation pendrive plugged in, pressing power button
together with volume up takes me into the front page of the PC settings: there
is:

 ->Boot Manager
 ->Device Manager
 ->Boot From File
 ->Administer Secure Boot
 ->Setup Utility

I enter `Boot Manager', and there are two possible options:

 Windows Boot Manager
 EFI USB Device (General UDisk)

I choose the second and here I am in Debian installation menu.  There is:

 Install
 64 bit install
 Graphical install
 64 bit graphical install
 Advanced options ...
 Install with speech synnthesis
 64 bit speech install

I tried with both Install and `64 bit install', and also, now, with `64 bit
graphical install'; and, in all those cases, what happens is that the image
becomes confused and the keyboard sticks and no command is more possible.  Then
I try to reboot with power button but the machine remains for many hours in
that state...  Then after many hours it turns off...

Thanks,

Rodolfo