Re: Debian installation issues

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 10:47:25 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Fungi4All wrote:
> > try from linux to burn an
> > ms-win-installation image, chances are that you will fail despite of what
> > way you may try to do so.
>
> Are there any such images available for free and legally safe to have
> and to talk about ?

Well, Microsoft will let you download ISOs to do a Windows install,
although you'll need a product key to activate it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

I went through this procedure a while back when I bought a ThinkPad
with Windows installed. I installed Debian on the bare metal, and then
used the ISO (burned onto a USB, with a simple dd, IIRC) to reinstall
Windows in a qemu-kvm VM.

Celejar