Re: Debian installation issues

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 04:24:20PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i wrote:
> > > Are there any [MS-Windows] images available for free and legally safe
>
> Joe wrote:
> > Oddly enough, there are:
> > https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise
>
> The registration gives me creeps. I came up to the question whether
> i want to use a Microsoft or LinkedIn account. The Microsoft account
> creation asks me ifor info which i'd rather not want to give.
>
> The description speaks of "Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1703 | 64-bit ISO"
> which lets me expect that one really would get a ISO 9660 filesystem image.
>
> I cannot find a legal statement whether it is permissible to give the
> ISO image to others. So i have to assume that there is no such permission.
> All in all i am not yet curious enough to start a legal relation with
> Microsoft Inc.

Microsoft requires you to pay for their software.

They do not enforce this in the software itself, however. I
would consider it ethical to use their software once to
determine compatibility, after which you should pay for a
license or delete it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

is where one downloads ISOs. There is no account creation or
registration required. The installation process will ask you to
agree to their EULA; if you do not, the install halts. It will
also ask for a license key, but you do not have to fill that in
immediately.

-dsr-