Re: Debian installation issues

Le 08/06/2017 à 19:41, Brian a écrit :
On Thu 08 Jun 2017 at 12:17:22 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

The #debian bot currently recommends <http://sf.net/projects/win32diskimager/>
if you need to write the Debian install image to a USB device from
Windows.

Steve McIntyre, a Debian Developer whose views on such matters is to be
respected, currently recommends Rufus in dd mode.

I guess you are referring to the following bug report :

<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=863868>

But when trying Rufus I found that it offers so many options and choices which are not easy to understand that it is extremely easy to select the wrong mode.