Re: pointers to material for using netbook's wireless as access point

On Thursday, June 08, 2017 10:00:17 AM Joel Rees wrote:
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding that wiki, but it seems to be describing this
> kind of setup:
>
>    WAN <--> foreign AP <-wireless-> debian box <-> more devices
>
> But what I'm wanting is
>
>    WAN <-wired-> router/modem <-wired-> debian netbook AP <-> more devices

Thank you for including the above "sketch" which finally let me understand what
you are looking for.

 I doubt that I can help, but I'll think about it--my setup is somewhat
similar to what you describe except that the "debian notebook AP" is replaced
by a commericial wireless AP (but, as your sketch shows, wired to my router /
modem).

Aside: I wouldn't think it should be very difficult, since it seems to be off-
the-shelf functionality you can buy, but ...