Re: Debian installation issues

On 8 June 2017 at 05:34, David DLC <drvrddc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have been trying to install Debian Jessie for about a week now. I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. I have shrunk the main C drive by 25 gbs, and turned off fast boot. I downloaded the AMD-64 small CD iso, and used win32 disk imager to write it to a 2 gb usb stick. However, when I boot my computer from the disk, I get the error message "The selected boot device failed. Press <enter> to continue." I tried another program, Rufus, to write the image file. There was no difference even when I tried that. I am at a complete loss at what to do. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer, or if I am doing something incorrectly.

​Hi there.  Try booting up and loading the bios.  Check that it is sniffing around for usb sticks and DVD's etc by default before trying to boot from the hard drive.  If the default is the hard drive you need to change the boot order to include the device ie DVD drive or USB stick etc.

It sounds like that might not be the problem here but it is worth checking anyway.

If you have a DVD drive in the PC try burning the iso onto it and booting from it instead and see what happens.

Cheers

Michael Fothergill

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you