Re: Install Debian 8.8.0/XFCE on32 bit system

On Sun 04 Jun 2017 at 13:14:42 (-0400), Felix Miata wrote:
> David Wright composed on 2017-06-04 11:19 (UTC-0500):
> > But you're unusual in working in this area, so unlike most of us
> > you're going to have a dedicated tool available; in fact you work
> > on it I see.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. I'm only a DFSee user, no kind of programmer.

I obviously misunderstood the appearance of your name in doc/dfsee.txt
but its presence manifestly shows you have some interest in it.

> discovered the value of sticking to one single partitioning tool with an
> interface consistent across environments for use on multiboot systems back in
> 2000, when I first took serious interest in adding Linux to my installed systems
> repertoire for eventual migration from OS/2. Back then in v3.x it had native
> binaries for DOS, Windows and OS/2 only. Its Linux binary was introduced in
> 2004,

About the time I retired from having any use for DOS. As I said,
my aside was referring to the late 1990s. You can see that I don't
set such a great store by it nowadays.

> Mac in 2007. GPT writing, which I have yet to use, was a long time coming,
> introduced in 2015.

Yes, I can see the value in using a single tool. Currently in my case
it's gdisk but, then, I don't have disks with 30+ partitions of every
kind under the sun.

However, my original comment was aimed at the screen I included
within it, where the information displayed is a fraction of what
is contained in your fi965d03.txt file. Almost without exception,
the unambiguous partition sizes are the least likely parameter
to be omitted in such a listing so differences might still be useful
for some people.

Cheers,
David.