Re: Choose between amd64 and i386

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 09:33:01 +0100
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

> > <https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/multi-arch/iso-cd/debian-8.8.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso>
>
> Same problem also with this iso image: at the beginning the machine
> seems to boot into the Debian Installer menu, but when I enter it the
> screen becomes unreadable and all sticks and I have to restart the
> machine.

Just a shot in the dark:
maybe some firmware is missing or maybe the jessie kernel is too old,
some current driver version missing for your machine? Maybe you might
want to try a similar stretch installer version from

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/stretch_di_rc4/multi-arch/iso-cd/

Regards

Michael

I am pleased to see that we have differences.  May we together become
greater than the sum of both of us.
		-- Surak of Vulcan, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4