Re: why can't I visit this web site

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 02:32:21PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 08:06:30PM +0800, Long Wind wrote:
> > iceweasel does not support javascript?
>
> It doesn't support *disabling* javascript. It's always on.

You may want to try the NoScript extension.  It disables all Javascript
by default, and allows you to turn it on for specific domains.

https://noscript.net/

For some people, it may be too aggressive.  It depends on what web
sites you intend to use.

> Firefox developers have decreed that their users are too stupid
> to cope with an "on/off" switch for Javascript. Sad, but true.

In the last decade or so, the overall Firefox policy seems to have become
"forget whatever we used to do, let's force people to write extensions
to provide those features".  And in the last year or two, as people
started using extensions to provide the features Firefox has stripped
out, the policy has become "let's block the use of extensions".

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox

So, uh, good luck.