Re: switching flavors

On 06/03/2017 11:11 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 03/06/17 08:59 PM, Frank M wrote:
I am running Debian Stretch, and like to change to Sid.

Can I just change my sources.list to unstable and upgrade?

I have run Sid before and am prepared to deal with some breakage

Yes, although I'd do a dist-upgrade (or full-upgrade if using aptitude).

Based on some earlier problems with Stretch and the discussions around it, I'm not sure that sid is necessarily less stable. Apparently they dump stuff into Stretch without anyone actually checking to see that it can work with other Stretch libraries.

Thanks Gary. Will do later today.