Upcoming transition to Stretch

Hi folks,  I'm currently running Stretch, and have been for a couple of
months.  As I understand it, Stretch will become stable in a couple of
weeks.  At that time what is now Sid (unstable) will become Testing.  Is
this correct? If so, how disastrous might it be for me to upgrade from
Stretch to the new Testing?  Will this be a usable distribution, or
would it be advisable to wait for a little while before doing so?  I
don't have a problem with running on the "bleeding edge" as long as
there is not too much blood :)
--
73's,
WB5VQX -- The Very Quick X-ray