Re: Becoming familiar with Debian's BTS

On 06/01/2017 09:30 AM, Don Armstrong wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jun 2017, Richard Owlett wrote:
I can't find a way to retrieve project bugs in order of date originally
filed.
  reportbug-ng can sort by "last activity" but not "date opened".

*INCORRECT* I was mislead by combination of visual problems and available monitor. It will sort on bug number. I had only spotted that I could sort on last activity.

  https://www.debian.org/Bugs/ can report by "classification"
     but not "date opened".

The bug numbers increase monotonically, so larger numbers are
guaranteed to have been filed after smaller numbers. By default
the BTS sorts them numerically which is also the order filed.

BUT <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?dist=unstable;package=tomboy> insists on categorizing the bugs.

I want a simple list, one line per bug, of open bugs for a project:
[bug #] [date submitted] [bug title]

A second question concerns the progress of a package from experimental to
stable.

A case in point - Tomboy 1.15.8  has just been released by upstream.It was
suggested on the Tomboy mailing list that I file Debian bug to use the
latest release.
Currently
    stretch (testing) and sid (unstable) are at 1.14.1-4
    experimental (rc-buggy) is at 1.15.4-1+b1
Would that indicate whether or not a bug report is needed?

You could file a wishlist bug requesting a new version if there wasn't
already one filed.

It would only end up in experimental, not unstable, though.

Are you saying that without a bug explicitly mentioning Tomboy 1.15.8 (or later) Debian won't go beyond 1.15.4 ? ??