Discovering alternative commands

I'm working on a problem that requires as input an association of disk partitions and their "label" (in gparted sense).

I already have blkid and lsblk. They are obviously designed for different purposes. They both _can_ supply the desired information. Neither is ideal for me.

Two questions (one asking for fish, the other asking to be taught to fish):
1. what other commands should I look at?
2. is there some reference that groups commands/programs by similarity?

A contrived example of the later, you've come across an unfamiliar word. Depending on your needs you might consult a thesaurus, encyclopedia, or dictionary. If a dictionary is indicated, it may be bilingual, idioms, abridged, or unabridged etc.

TIA