Re: Possibly erroneous "device not present" message during boot

The Wanderer:
> On 2017-04-18 at 15:42, Brian wrote:

>>> Not to me. TL;DR.

Question:  You have a system with everything on a HD /dev/sda, you use
/dev/sdb a live disk to boot and install debian on /dev/sdc including
the grub on /dev/sdc
You unplug the live disk and reboot, what will grub do by default, what
systems will it show, by default?
I did not specify whether there is grub installed on /dev/sda or not, so
there are two variations.  I suspect based on Bios settings the system
will either go to hd or to usb to boot, and that will be sda

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG

"Who died and made you the superuser?"  Brooklinux

"keep rocking in the non-free world" Neilznotyoung