Re: Possibly erroneous "device not present" message during boot

Richard Owlett:
>  4. All installs in this thread have been done using DVD 1 of
>     13 of Debian 8.6.0 - thus all intrinsically use the same
>     kernel.

Is this with the actual dvd or the image of the 1st DVD on a usb-stick?
I assume once everything was installed and rebooted there was an upgrade
to the latest Jessie which I am pretty sure incorporated a new version
of grub-xxx and updates the grub.cfg based on the current state of that
boot.  During the installation it asks you to select and confirm where
you want grub installed, but when it is upgraded as a package it bases
its installation on previous options, except it reviews that the
installed systems on partitions are actually there.

> Does any of this justify a bug report. Especially as I do not
> have the bandwidth to do a netinstall of a pre-release version?

If your bug reporting is functional, go ahead it is FREE!  :)
I am saying this because it only works with the appropriate network/mail
setup that Debian dictates.

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG

"Who died and made you the superuser?"  Brooklinux

"keep rocking in the non-free world" Neilznotyoung