Re: Possibly erroneous "device not present" message during boot

On 2017-04-17, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> Oddly, this ancient laptop (Acer) has a slot that makes the SD card
> look like a /dev/sdX disk, and the BIOS is happy to boot from it.

I have an Acer X1430 with an internal "Multi-in-1 Media Card Reader" for
which an SD card inserted into the reader is recognized by the kernel as
as a /dev/sdX disk.

I would be happy to trade with the OP if he would be willing to come out
of retirement.

-;)

--
"It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew." --Mrs.