Re: Almost all gpg2 operations hang after upgrade to stretch/testing

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:43:26 -0500
John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

> tomas writes:
> > Part of Google's perceived superiority is that it "learns to know
> > you": a couple of search terms thrown in, for Google is "search terms
> > + context", while for DDG, the context is missing.
>
> Google does not "learn to know you" if you block all its scripts and
> cookies, which is how I use it.  It's still vastly superior to the Duck.

Well, it could in theory still try to build profiles of searchers via
IP addresses [I understand that this wouldn't be that reliable, due to
things like proxies and NAT]. Do we know for a fact whether it does [or
does not]?

Celejar