Re: Almost all gpg2 operations hang after upgrade to stretch/testing

On Thu 06 Apr 2017 at 13:41:15 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 04/06/2017 09:40 AM, Curt wrote:
> >On 2017-04-06, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Could you point me to such a page whose primary focus is silversearcher-ag?
> >>

> >"silversearcher-ag tutorial" as search terms brought me rapidly to this
> >page.
> >
> >http://conqueringthecommandline.com/book/ack_ag
>
> That demonstrated something, but not what might have been expected.

I love the technique. It seems to say something, but doesn't.

Something was demontrated. Quite what - you will never get to know,

Something was expected. You will not be informed.

Talk about contentless postings. The sum of human knowledge has not been
improved.

> I've been avoiding Google for personal reasons and using DuckDuckGo instead.

"personal reasons" is about as wide as it gets as a reason. It's also as
squishy as the previous responses.

> DuckDuckGo does not return that page - I'd assumed the two search engines
> were equally productive.
>
> As to the content of the page got no more than reading the man page. BUT how
> its author approached the subject hints that the tool is aimed a different
> mind set. Thanks for the feedback.

Mindsets. That's the problem.