Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 03:08:33PM +0100, Martin Read wrote:
> On 06/04/17 14:03, Carl Fink wrote:
> > Second set of hardware is a false requirement. Go to, say,
> > http://nosupportlinuxhosting.com and rent a VM for $1/month
>
> *cough* That site does not offer VM hosting for $1/month. It offers *web*
> hosting for $1/month. (The sister site offers VPS hosting... for $15/month.)

Well, that changed in the two or three years since I was actually using
virtual servers from them.

Sorry.

> Also, you seem to be presupposing that nothing about the system in question
> requires functioning local peripherals.

At the least I was assuming that this wouldn't be any more of a hassle than
the originally-proposed server migration.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!