Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 12:35:37PM +0100, Joe wrote:

> If I was a paid admin looking after multiple servers, yes, that's the
> obvious thing to do. But this isn't my job, and I can't afford to buy a
> second set of hardware, so the only practical test is to actually do
> it.

Second set of hardware is a false requirement. Go to, say,
http://nosupportlinuxhosting.com and rent a VM for $1/month and set up your
server there. Make it work. If you insist on physical hardware, you can then
clone the working setup back to your physical server.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!