Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:03:32 +0200
Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you thought of cloning your specific set up and then testing it
> to see how it will upgrade? Like one clone that you will upgrade with
> preventing systemd-sysv to install via Pin-Priority and other clone
> where you will upgrade to systemd? Upgrade to at least Jessie is
> something that will happen in your case anyway, so why not test it up
> front? Just thought really.

If I was a paid admin looking after multiple servers, yes, that's the
obvious thing to do. But this isn't my job, and I can't afford to buy a
second set of hardware, so the only practical test is to actually do
it.

I don't usually take a full backup, but I certainly will this time.
Even so, if I have a serious problem and need to restore, I can't
actually troubleshoot the problem offline, and will simply need to try
again when I have more time.

--
Joe