Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 10:18:05 +0100
Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 11:04:04AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > For example, I run on the order of a thousand servers that are
> > running Wheezy because we haven't managed a smooth transition to
> > Jessie yet, and systemd is a large part of that problem.
>
> If you go for Jessie-using-sysvinit instead, what blockers remain?

I understood that an upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie would switch to
systemd as init. Even if that could be fixed afterwards, then there
will be server downtime and a manual procedure involved which will not
be part of the upgrade procedure and therefore will not have been tested
by the upgrade designers.

Is that not the case?

--
Joe