Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Apr 3, 2017, at 7:36 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I kind of understand why systemd, but I wish I could find a good
> cookbook description of how to add or modify a new process.

+1

Indeed:
The main thing I personally have a problem with in systemd that I did not have a problem with in sysvinit is that the documentation for how to do things “the systemd way” is hard to find and opaque once you do find it.  In contrast, anyone who can read and write simple shell scripts has little need for documentation to do things “the sysvinit way”, though documentation is available if you want it.  Any working sysvinit system has dozens of self-documenting examples right there in /etc/init.d/ .

Pointers to any tutorials as mentioned above by Tom, will be greatly appreciated!!!

Enjoy
Rick