Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On 3 April 2017 at 15:17, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday 03 April 2017 13:55:44 Michael Fothergill wrote:
> I think choice in food is important - e.g. flavours of spam:
>
> Closed Source:
>
> Regular Spam Hot & Spicy Spam Jalapeño Spam Spam with Black Pepper Low
[snip etc. ]
> Open Source
>
> Systemd Spam
> Openrc Spam
>
> etc

Not all discussion of systemd is automatically spam.  For a long time any
mention was flame and spam bait whether intended as such or not.

​OK, I will treat this discussion as being basically kosher with albeit having a dash of spam in it here and there e.g; a dish of Kimchi, Fried Rice and Spam​.

Point taken.

MF

But there are legitimate questions about the init system and how to use it
which it is legitimate to ask on  this list.  I have highlighted and marked
as important one of the answers to this in this thread. Some of us need to
know.  Some of us have problems.  It can't be the one topic one is never
allowed to discuss at all.

Lisi