Re: Encrypted flash drives

On 4/3/17, Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any way to reset udev? (in a way that doesn't nuke the system and
> require a reboot anyway)
>
> I'm still trying to find a way to make that ghost disk disappear. I am
> fairly sure a reboot will sort it but solving the problem without
> understanding it is something I only do when there is a good reason,
> like some needed service is compromised or something. Not the case here.

I'm sorry to ask, but that caught my eye. I missed where this first
came up. What ghost disk are you dealing with?

Is this anything like that deal I wrote about quite a while back where
rsync was throwing caution to the wind and creating ghost partitions
on the fly?

Rsync would do so when it couldn't find where I was pointing it to for
making backups. It once created some 3 or 4, if not more, of those.
Sometimes it would be because the target partition wasn't mounted so
it would just add things like "_" to the end of *its* new partition,
and then off it went.

I brought it up back when because it appeared to take up some very
real room even though it appeared to somehow possibly being virtual.
It was one good place to check off when hard drive rapidly disappears
for no apparent reason...

Just thinking out loud.. :)

Cindy :)

--